By ADRIAN TAHOURDIN
1) Our national anthem – it’s surely the worst of all: dull, dispiriting and banal. Watching the European football tournament and the teams lining up before the games I can’t help feeling how lucky the Welsh are to be spared it (the Northern Ireland team are not so lucky). And of course the Welsh anthem is truly stirring.
2) Our obsession with the royal family, who, as far as I can see, don’t do very much that’s useful.
3) The mindlessness that takes over the nation every time the English football team – Engerland – is involved in a football tournament, in which they nearly always underperform.
4) The UK’s geographical shape – it’s a mess.
5) People referring to “our national poet”, as the Brexiteer MEP Daniel Hannan did on the radio the other day.